Open All Night Index du Forum

Open All Night
Bruce Springsteen

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

BRUCE MEDAILLE

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Open All Night Index du Forum -> THE PROMISED LAND -> BOSS TIME
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Phil
Administrateur

Masculin Taureau (20avr-20mai)

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Nov - 09:19 (2016)    Sujet du message: BRUCE MEDAILLE Répondre en citant

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

FREEDOM, NO COMPROMISE
This afternoon at the White House, Barack Obama presented Bruce Springsteen — and 20 other "extraordinary Americans" — with the Presidential Medal of Freedom. "This is a particularly impressive class," said Obama of the gathered honorees, comprising scientists, philanthropists, artists, entertainers, athletes, and more: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Elouise Cobell, Ellen DeGeneres, Robert De Niro, Richard Garwin, Bill and Melinda Gates, Frank Gehry, Margaret H. Hamilton, Tom Hanks, Grace Hopper, Michael Jordan, Maya Lin, Lorne Michaels, Newt Minow, Eduardo Padrón, Robert Redford, Diana Ross, Vin Scully, Springsteen, and Cicely Tyson.

The Presidential Medal of Freedom is the highest civilian honor in the the United States, given to "individuals who have made especially meritorious contributions to the security or national interests of the United States, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavors."
In his remarks, Obama had this to say of Springsteen:
Citation:

He was sprung from a cage out on Highway 9. Quiet kid from Jersey, just trying to make sense of the temples of dreams and the mystery that dotted his hometown: poolhalls, bars, girls and cars, altars and assembly lines. And for decades, Bruce Springsteen has brought us all along on a journey consumed with the bargains between ambition and injustice, and pleasure and pain, the simple glories and scattered heartbreak of everyday life in America.
To create one of his biggest hits, he once said, "I wanted to craft a record that sounded like the last record on Earth. The last one you'd ever need to hear. One glorious noise. Then the Apocalypse." Every restless kid in America was given a story, "Born to Run."
He didn't stop there — once he told us about himself, he told us about everybody else: the steelworker in "Youngstown," the Vietnam vet in "Born in the U.S.A.," the sick and marginalized on the "Streets of Philadelphia," the firefighter carrying the weight of a reeling but resilient nation on "The Rising," the young soldier reckoning with "Devils & Dust" in Iraq, the communities knocked down by recklessness and greed and the "Wrecking Ball." All of us with our faults and our failings, every color and class and creed, bound together by one defiant, restless train rolling toward the "Land of Hope and Dreams." These are all anthems of our America, the reality of who we are and the reverie of who we want to be.
"The hallmark of a rock 'n' roll band," Bruce Springsteen once said, "is that the narrative you tell together is bigger than anyone could have told on your own." And for decades—  alongside the Big Man, Little Steven, a Jersey girl named Patti, and all the men and women of the E Street Band — Bruce Springsteen has been carrying the rest of us on his journey, asking us all, What is the work for us to do in our short time here?
I am the President, he is the Boss. And pushing 70, he is still laying down four-hour live sets — if you have not been at them, he is working. Firebreathing rock 'n' roll. So I thought twice about giving him a medal for freedom, because we hope he remains, in his words, a "prisoner of rock 'n' roll" for years to come.

The official citation:
Citation:

Bruce F. Springsteen. As a songwriter, a humanitarian, America's rock 'n' roll laureate, and New Jersey's greatest ambassador, Bruce Springsteen is, quite simply, The Boss. Through stories about about ordinary people, from Vietnam veterans to steelworkers, his songs capture the pain and the promise of the American experience. With his legendary E Street Band, Bruce Springsteen leaves everything on stage in epic, communal live performances that have rocked audiences for decades. With empathy and honesty, he holds up a mirror to who we are as Americans chasing our dreams and as human beings trying to do the right thing. There's a place for everyone in Bruce Springsteen's America.

In closing, President Obama added, "Just on a personal note. The reason these events are so special to me is because everybody on this stage has touched me in a very powerful, personal way — in ways that they probably couldn't imagine. Whether it was having been inspired by a song, or a game, or a story, or a film, or a monument... these are folks who have helped make me who I am and [influenced how] I think about my presidency. And what also makes it special is, this is America. It's useful, when you think about this incredible collection of people, to realize that this is what makes us the greatest nation on Earth. Not because of our differences, but because in our difference we find something common to share. And what a glorious thing that is, what a gift that is to America."
Source: BACKSTREET

Barack a refait sa vanne:"i'm the president, he's the Boss!" Mr. Green
"I just wanna say to the E Street Band: stay strong, remain emotionally open, stand together, and know that your millions of fans love you, and will always be grateful for what you’ve given us, whatever the future holds. I love you". SCOTT KEMPNER.

Dernière édition par Phil le Mer 23 Nov - 09:34 (2016); édité 1 fois
Wild Heart
Administrateur

Féminin Capricorne (22déc-19jan) 羊 Chèvre

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Nov - 09:29 (2016)    Sujet du message: BRUCE MEDAILLE Répondre en citant

http://fr.euronews.com/2016/11/23/etats-unis-barack-obama-decore-21-personn…

Un petit "mannequin challenge" à la fin Cool

Phil
Administrateur

Masculin Taureau (20avr-20mai)

MessagePosté le: Sam 26 Nov - 16:37 (2016)    Sujet du message: BRUCE MEDAILLE Répondre en citant

"I just wanna say to the E Street Band: stay strong, remain emotionally open, stand together, and know that your millions of fans love you, and will always be grateful for what you’ve given us, whatever the future holds. I love you". SCOTT KEMPNER.
Chris
Administrateur

Féminin Capricorne (22déc-19jan)

MessagePosté le: Lun 28 Nov - 16:44 (2016)    Sujet du message: BRUCE MEDAILLE Répondre en citant

photo prise par le fils de R. Redford 

Jamie Redford
24 novembre, 00:44 · 

Dad was very charmed by the Boss! Left to right: Stepmother Bylle, Patti Sicalfa, The Boss, The Other Boss, sister Amy.
Visiter le site web du posteur
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 04:40 (2017)    Sujet du message: BRUCE MEDAILLE

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Open All Night Index du Forum -> THE PROMISED LAND -> BOSS TIME Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation