Open All Night Index du Forum

Open All Night
Bruce Springsteen

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Open All Night Index du Forum -> THE PROMISED LAND -> BOSS TIME
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Phil
Administrateur

Masculin Taureau (20avr-20mai)

MessagePosté le: Jeu 21 Sep - 09:03 (2017)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Le show de Houston présent en Dividi dans le coffret DARKNESS sort en CD et pour une bonne œuvre:

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
Hurricane Relief: Houston '78
Untethered from the Darkness box set to benefit the MusiCares® Hurricane Relief Fund , Houston ’78 captures the final leg of the Darkness tour in all its glory, featuring seven album tracks, including the long “Prove It All Night” and “Streets of Fire”; Darkness outtakes “Fire” and “Because The Night”; prototypes of The River’s “Independence Day,” “Point Blank” and “The Ties That Bind”; “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town”; plus early favorites “The Fever” and “Saint In The City” played special for Houston, one of Bruce’s first strongholds.

Badlands
Streets of Fire
It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Spirit In The Night
Independence Day
The Promised Land
Prove It All Night
Racing in the Street
Thunder Road
Jungleland
The Ties That Bind
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
The Fever
Fire
Candy's Room
Because the Night
Point Blank
She's the One
Backstreets
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
Born to Run
Detroit Medley
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
You Can't Sit Down
Quarter To Three

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN RELEASES HOUSTON ‘78 TO BENEFIT MUSICARES® HURRICANE RELIEF FUND

Bruce Springsteen is releasing an entire 1978 show with the E Street Band in Houston, Texas. The release will benefit the MusiCares® Hurricane Relief Fund, which will aid those affected by the recent devastation in Texas as well as in Florida.

The Houston show originally appeared as part of the Darkness on the Edge of Town box set.  It captures the final leg of the Darkness tour, including the extended intro version of “Prove It All Night,” the rarely performed “Streets of Fire,” and Darkness outtakes “Fire" and "Because the Night.”  It also features prototypes of The River’s “Independence Day,” “Point Blank” and “The Ties That Bind.”

Houston was one of Bruce’s earliest springboards, which accounts for the presence here of early favorites “The Fever” and “It's Hard To Be A Saint in the City.”

Bruce, the E Street band, Sony Music and nugs.net will donate all their proceeds to the hurricane relief effort.

Houston ’78 is available now as MP3 and hi-res downloads including audiophile grade MQA, or as a 2 CD set. You can order it today at  http://live.brucespringsteen.net, Bruce Springsteen’s official live recording service powered by nugs.net.

“Fans had been asking for a stand-alone audio release of Houston ‘78 since the Darkness box set came out several years ago,” says nugs.net CEO Brad Serling. “Its release-ready availability gave us the opportunity to move quickly to support people in Texas and Florida.”

ABOUT MUSICARES® A friend and ally of the music community, MusiCares® was established by the Recording Academy to safeguard the health and well-being of all music people. A four-star charity and safety net in times of need, MusiCares offers confidential preventative, recovery, and emergency programs to address financial, medical, and personal health issues. Through the generosity of our donors and volunteer professionals, our dedicated team works across the country to ensure the music community has the resources and support it needs.

As part of our efforts, MusiCares® created a fund to support music people affected by the recent devastation of Hurricane Harvey, and we are expanding our resources to include victims of Hurricane Irma. MusiCares® is offering assistance for a wide range of needs, including basic living expenses; medical expenses; clothing, instrument, and recording equipment replacement; relocation costs; home repairs; and more. Our previous relief efforts include assistance for victims of the Gulf Coast hurricanes, the Nashville floods, and Hurricane Sandy; and MusiCares® is privileged once again to provide critical support to our music family. People seeking assistance can contact the South Regional MusiCares® office toll-free at 877.626.2748 or apply online at www.grammy.com/sites/com/files/mc_disaster_relief_app.pdf. We are truly grateful to the numerous artists, music industry professionals, and other organizations who are partnering with us to provide hope and help to those in need.

For more information, visit www.musicares.org, "like" MusiCares® on Facebook, and follow @MusiCares on Twitter and Instagram.
"I just wanna say to the E Street Band: stay strong, remain emotionally open, stand together, and know that your millions of fans love you, and will always be grateful for what you’ve given us, whatever the future holds. I love you". SCOTT KEMPNER.
Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 7 Oct - 08:17 (2017)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

Le fameux Dividi(et partiellement édité en CD) LIVE IN NY CITY était composé de 2 shows: celui du 29 juin et celui du 1er juillet. L'intégralité du show du 1er juillet 2000 est désormais dispo sur Nugs avec, entre autre, ce fameux BLOOD BROTHERS, si émouvant.

The legendary finale of the Reunion tour released in full for the first time from a new mix by Jon Altschiller. An emotional closing night at MSG beautifully blends the 1999-2000 tour core setlist with special songs for the occasion, including a solo piano “The Promise,” the tour debut of “Lost in the Flood,” “E Street Shuffle” and a poignant, show-closing “Blood Brothers” performed with a fitting new final verse.

"I just wanna say to the E Street Band: stay strong, remain emotionally open, stand together, and know that your millions of fans love you, and will always be grateful for what you’ve given us, whatever the future holds. I love you". SCOTT KEMPNER.
gwenrub

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Sam 7 Oct - 17:55 (2017)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

Excellent choix, Bruce en chiale sur scène lors du Blood Brothers - Nostalgie pure.
paris carhaix dublin
Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 10 Oct - 14:09 (2017)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

gwenrub a écrit:

Excellent choix, Bruce en chiale sur scène lors du Blood Brothers - Nostalgie pure.
Le son est juste dément!

Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 16 Oct - 10:52 (2017)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

Phil a écrit:

gwenrub a écrit:

Le son est juste dément!

ET avec les images, c'est encore plus fort! ENJOY!

Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 30 Oct - 17:05 (2017)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

On va descendre d'1 cran s'il on en croit les rumeurs pour la prochaine sortie chez Nugs vendredi:
Les Castors Juniors en 1993: Count Basie theatre, 23 march 1993
Le tout restant bien sûr à confirmer....

Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 2 Nov - 09:40 (2017)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

Phil a écrit:

On va descendre d'1 cran s'il on en croit les rumeurs pour la prochaine sortie chez Nugs vendredi:
Les Castors Juniors en 1993: Count Basie theatre, 23 march 1993
Le tout restant bien sûr à confirmer....

La rumeur semblerait fausse; il se murmure que ce pourrait être 1 show des SEEGER SESSIONS. On saura demain.
Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 4 Nov - 11:06 (2017)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

Finalement, ce n'est ni 1 show des CASTORS JUNIORS 93 ni 1 des SEEGER SESSIONS mais 1 show mythique de 1988 en Suède dont le 1er set existait en bootleg ! Le BORN IN THE USA est une des meilleurs versions jamais entendue!

Tracing Bruce Springsteen’s career arc from cult artist to superstar, theater to arena headliner, there’s a case to be made that a series of radio broadcasts on the 1978 Darkness On the Edge of Town tour played a significant role. The five home-recorded, fan-traded and oft-bootlegged concerts from The Roxy, The Agora, The Capitol Theater, The Fox and Winterland captured and ultimately spread the magic of Bruce and the E Street Band’s live show, and seemingly converted thousands to fill arenas two years later on the River tour.
Despite that rich history, there were no live broadcasts from the River tour, the Born in the U.S.A. tour or the U.S. leg of the Tunnel of Love tour. Which is why in 1988, after ten years of radio silence, the announcement that a portion of Springsteen’s July 3rd show in Stockholm would be broadcast live via satellite to the U.S. and the world was huge news for fans.
Like many among us, I tuned in that Fourth of July weekend and heard a potent 90-minute first set that wrapped with Bruce announcing plans to join the Amnesty International tour before wrapping the broadcast portion with a cover of Bob Dylan’s “Chimes Of Freedom” (later released on the EP of the same name). It was the first of hundreds of listens to follow.
Conveniently apportioned to fill a 90-minute cassette tape, the Stockholm broadcast joined the five ‘78 b-casts as the most played live Springsteen recordings most of us had. There was just one problem: as great as those 14 songs were, 20 other songs were played in Stockholm after the satellite feed came down, and short of a crummy audience tape, few of us have had a chance to hear the full show, until now.
Happily, this complete, multi-track recording validates what we all presumed: the Stockholm show was one of the best on the Tunnel tour, offering a passionate, hyper-focused first-set and–freed from the pressure of a global listening audience–a rollicking, playful second set and encore. Looking for a sign of Springsteen’s mood after the transmission ended? How about the inclusion of Gary U.S. Bonds’ ultimate party track “Quarter to Three” for the first time since 1981.
Fondness for the familiar first set is richly deserved. It starts with Bruce inviting the audience in the stadium and at home to come aboard with a wonderful “Tunnel of Love,” now followed by a horn-blasting “Boom Boom’ (with its unabashed sentiment of “I need you right now” replacing “Be True,” performed in this slot for most of the US leg). The brazen John Lee Hooker cover forms a bond of emancipation with what follows, “Adam Raised a Cain,” again propelled by the five-piece Horns of Love. Bruce hadn’t toured with a horn section since ‘77 and their presence is a critical component in the distinct sound and theatrics of ‘88 shows.
Because the broadcast was limited to 90 minutes, the first set showcased key Tunnel tracks, including a majestic “Tougher Than the Rest,” “Spare Parts,” “Brilliant Disguise” and “All That Heaven Will Allow.” Bruce also featured two killer non-album tracks: “Roulette,” unforgivably left off The River, but resuscitated to sound an alarm on the Tunnel tour; and “Seeds,” another take on the plight of working-class Americans and this time they’re pissed.
Perhaps the surprise highlight of the first set is “Born in the U.S.A.” Separated from its namesake tour and attendant misinterpretations, the song’s deep-seated anger is rekindled. Listen to Bruce’s shrieks of angst before Max’s drum crescendo, echoed later his own impassioned guitar solo. The story has grown more personal, too, as Springsteen adds new flashback lyrics after the final verse: “I just want your arms around me/I see the fire from the sky/I need your arms around me.” A stunning performance.
Set two is a totally different animal, but no less satisfying. I have often wondered how a seemingly long-forgotten song returns to the set, and there is no better example of this than the sudden reappearance of the instrumental “Paradise By the ‘C’” which opens the second set, after premiering four nights earlier in Rotterdam. What prompted its resurrection, after going unplayed since the Darkness tour? Sure, it suits the horns, but then again, there was no horn section in ‘78.
Regardless, it is a welcome showcase for Clarence and the Horns of Love, and sets the tone for a highly entertaining second set that milks the expanded band lineup and staging dynamics for all they are worth on songs like “You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)” (which begins with a long, bit of musical teasing and showmanship often referred to as “Don’t You Touch That Thing”), “I’m A Coward” (Springsteen’s comic rewrite of Gino Washington’s ‘60s original) and a chock full o’ horns encore sequence of “Sweet Soul Music,” “Raise Your Hand,” the aforementioned “Quarter to Three,” and the inevitable last song for a show this joyous, “Twist and Shout.”
There are a few serious moments in the back half, among them the fine ‘88 arrangement of Bo Diddley’s “Who Do You Love?” into “She’s the One,” the first “Downbound Train” of the tour, and an unflinchingly earnest reading of Elvis’ “Can’t Help Falling in Love.” Interestingly, Stockholm ‘88 has a connection to Springsteen on Broadway in that the solo acoustic version of “Born to Run” that Bruce is currently performing was first played in that arrangement on the Tunnel tour, a fine take of which is captured here.
Stockholm ‘88 has always been a fan-favorite because of the simulcast. Now restored to full length and remixed from the master tapes, it rightly joins Springsteen’s other legendary radio broadcasts as one of the best concert recordings of his career and a great representation of the Tunnel of Love tour’s European edition.

Setlist:

• 1. Tunnel of Love
    • 07:50

• 2. Boom Boom
    • 04:06

• 3. Adam Raised a Cain
    • 05:36

• 4. The River
    • 07:11

• 5. All That Heaven Will Allow
    • 07:19

• 6. Seeds
    • 06:11

• 7. Roulette
    • 04:30

• 8. Cover Me
    • 07:38

• 9. Brilliant Disguise
    • 04:59

• 10. Tougher Than The Rest
    • 06:14

• 11. Spare Parts
    • 07:46

• 12. War
    • 03:02

• 13. Born in the U.S.A.
    • 09:32

• 14. Chimes Of Freedom
    • 06:08

• 15. Paradise By The "C"
    • 04:04

• 16. Who Do You Love?
    • 02:40

• 17. She's the One
    • 07:26

• 18. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
    • 08:29

• 19. I'm A Coward
    • 09:13

• 20. I'm On Fire
    • 04:48

• 21. Downbound Train
    • 04:21

• 22. Because the Night
    • 05:32

• 23. Dancing in the Dark
    • 06:52

• 24. Light Of Day
    • 08:56

• 25. Born to Run
    • 05:19

• 26. Hungry Heart
    • 04:50

• 27. Glory Days
    • 09:52

• 28. Can't Help Falling In Love
    • 03:10

• 29. Bobby Jean
    • 04:17

• 30. Cadillac Ranch
    • 05:02

• 31. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    • 05:18

• 32. Sweet Soul Music
    • 03:05

• 33. Raise Your Hand
    • 08:32

• 34. Quarter To Three
    • 05:49

• 35. Twist and Shout
    • 09:49

Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 2 Déc - 10:10 (2017)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

La première archive des SEEGER SESSIONS:

Heralded by Springsteen himself as one of his finest and most meaningful shows, Jazz Fest 2006 beautifully captures Bruce and the Seeger Sessions Band opening their tour with a cathartic performance just months after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans. Playing the album’s folk and protest songs (plus a few rearranged originals) with rollicking reverence, Bruce and the band deliver an inspired set that emotionally resonates with the audience, the venue and the moment.

Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 23 Déc - 09:30 (2017)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

Nouveauté qui n'en est pas vraiment une car le show existait déjà dans une excellente version bootleg mais le concert est une tuerie!
Capitol Theatre ’78
One day after the famed radio broadcast, night two of the Capitol Theater homecoming shows offers a staggering snapshot of the heart of the Darkness tour, mixed from multi-tracks by Bob Clearmountain. Bruce and the band are on fire, blazing through Darkness tracks and stretching out for “Kitty’s Back” and a rare “Incident on 57th Street” into “Rosalita,” plus “Good Rockin’ Tonight,” “Twist and Shout” and the year’s first “Santa Claus.”

Le boot de Godfatherecords:

Setlist:

Disc 1: Good Rockin’ Tonight, Badlands, Spirit In The Night, Darkness On the Edge Of Town, Independence Day, The Promised Land, Prove It All Night, It’s My Life, Thunder Road, Jungleland
Disc 2: Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town, Fire, Candy’s Room, Because The Night, Point Blank, Kitty’s Back, Incident On 57th Street, Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
Disc 3: Born To Run, Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out, Detroit Medley, Twist And Shout

Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 6 Jan - 12:00 (2018)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

A y est, première livraison d'1 show avec les Castors Juniors en 1993 avec plein d'invités!

Past and present unite as E Street Band members and special guests drop in on Bruce and the 1992-93 band at the penultimate show of the Human Touch/Lucky Town tour. A stirring 35-song set opens with a mini acoustic set and rolls on through key tracks from both albums plus a few rarities (“Satan’s Jeweled Crown”) before wrapping with an epic, 11-song encore extravaganza featuring Southside Johnny, Joe Ely, Little Steven, Max Weinberg, Soozie Tyrell, the Miami Horns and the Big Man himself.

Mixed by Jon Altschiller and mastered at Gateway.

I Ain't Got No Home
Seeds
Adam Raised a Cain
This Hard Land
Better Days
Lucky Town
Atlantic City
57 Channels (And Nothin' On)
Badlands
Satan's Jewel Crown
My Hometown
Leap Of Faith
Man'S Job
Roll Of The Dice - Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?
Because the Night
Brilliant Disguise
Human Touch
The River
Who'll Stop The Rain?
Souls Of The Departed
Living Proof
Born in the U.S.A.
Light Of Day
Settle For Love
Glory Days
Thunder Road
It's Been A Long Time
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Born to Run
My Beautiful Reward
Blowin' Down This Road
Having A Party
Jersey Girl
It's All Right
Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 3 Fév - 03:55 (2018)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

Retour en 2005 avec un second show exhumé des archives. La setlist est somptueuse!

Keyboards take center stage at this sublime stop on the Devils & Dust tour. The set opener, "Tunnel of Love" on electric piano, is positively magical. From there, Grand Rapids pours on passionate performances of "I Wish I Were Blind," "Racing In The Street" and "The River" on piano, plus fascinating re-workings of “Sherry Darling” and "Nothing Man" for electric piano. On guitar, rare inclusions of “Black Cowboys," "Ain’t Got You" and "Part Man, Part Monkey," plus the tour debut of "Saint In The City."

• SET ONE

[*]1. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_01_Tunnel_of_Love_c.mp3 Tunnel of Love
  • 04:39

[*]2. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_02_Reason_To_Believe_c.m… Reason To Believe
  • 06:05

[*]3. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_03_Devils__Dust_c.mp3 Devils & Dust
  • 05:37

[*]4. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_04_Black_Cowboys_c.mp3 Black Cowboys
  • 04:02

[*]5. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_05_Long_Time_Comin_c.mp3 Long Time Comin'
  • 05:04

[*]6. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_06_Sherry_Darling_c.mp3 Sherry Darling
  • 04:09

[*]7. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_07_The_River_c.mp3 The River
  • 08:44

[*]8. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_08_Part_Man_Part_Monkey_… Part Man, Part Monkey
  • 02:58

[*]9. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_09_Cynthia_c.mp3 Cynthia
  • 05:18

[*]10. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_10_One_Step_Up_c.mp3 One Step Up
  • 04:46

[*]11. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_11_Reno_c.mp3 Reno
  • 05:25

[*]12. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_12_Nothing_Man_c.mp3 Nothing Man
  • 05:50

[*]13. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_13_I_Wish_I_Were_Blind_c… I Wish I Were Blind
  • 04:04

[*]14. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d1_14_Racing_in_the_Street_… Racing in the Street
  • 06:24

[*]15. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d2_01_The_Rising_c.mp3 The Rising
  • 05:34

[*]16. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d2_02_Further_On_Up_the_Roa… Further On (Up the Road)
  • 07:27

[*]17. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d2_03_Jesus_Was_An_Only_Son… Jesus Was An Only Son
  • 04:50

[*]18. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d2_04_Two_Hearts_c.mp3 Two Hearts
  • 05:32

[*]19. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d2_05_The_Hitter_c.mp3 The Hitter
  • 06:45

[*]20. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d2_06_Matamoros_Banks_c.mp3 Matamoros Banks
  • 07:17

[*]ENCORE
[*]1. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d2_07_Its_Hard_To_Be_A_Sain… It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City
  • 03:11

[*]2. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d2_08_Aint_Got_You_c.mp3 Ain't Got You
  • 03:12

[*]3. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d2_09_Bobby_Jean_c.mp3 Bobby Jean
  • 03:56

[*]4. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d2_10_The_Promised_Land_c.m… The Promised Land
  • 08:38

[*]5. http://assets.nugs.edgesuite.net/clips2/bs050803d2_11_Dream_Baby_Dream_c.mp… Dream Baby Dream
  • 08:49

Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 2 Mar - 20:00 (2018)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND: NEW JERSEY ‘84
Nearly three years ago, Bruce Springsteen’s archival download series delivered a previously un-bootlegged gem: Brendan Byrne Arena, August 5, 1984, the first high-quality Born in the U.S.A. tour soundboard from multi-tracks and opening night of the ten-show New Jersey homecoming run. Now, the stunning complement arrives, August 20, 1984, final night of the Brendan Byrne stand.
Featuring memorable guest appearances by Stevie Van Zandt and the Miami Horns, 8/20/84 is justifiably regarded as one of the best shows of the tour and earns a place on the short list of Bruce’s most celebrated shows of all time as much because of what it represented as the music performed. 

SET ONE
BORN IN THE USA
OUT IN THE STREET
SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT
ATLANTIC CITY
JOHNNY 99
HIGHWAY PATROLMAN
I'M GOIN' DOWN
DARLINGTON COUNTY
GLORY DAYS
THE PROMISED LAND
MY HOMETOWN
DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN
BADLANDS
THUNDER ROAD

SET TWO
HUNGRY HEART
DANCING IN THE DARK
CADILLAC RANCH
TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT
NO SURRENDER
COVER ME
PROVE IT ALL NIGHT
PINK CADILLAC
GROWIN' UP
BOBBY JEAN
BACKSTREETS
ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT

ENCORE
JUNGLELAND
TWO HEARTS
DRIFT AWAY
BORN TO RUN
DETROIT MEDLEY
TWIST AND SHOUT - DO YOU LOVE ME
Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 6 Avr - 19:49 (2018)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

C'est, si je ne m'abuse, le 1er show extrait du MAGIC-Tour. Et en sus, c'est le dernier concert de Danny.

The last U.S. tour stop of 2007 would prove to be Danny Federici’s final show as a full-time member of the E Street Band. Boston ’07 is a fitting farewell to Phantom Dan and catches Bruce and the band firing on all cylinders at the height of the Magic tour. Rich with core album tracks including “Radio Nowhere,” “Gypsy Biker,” “Livin’ In The Future” and “Girls In Their Summer Clothes,” Boston also features the tour debuts of “This Hard Land” and “Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out” with Peter Wolf.

Radio Nowhere
Night
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason To Believe
Candy's Room
She's the One
Livin' In The Future
This Hard Land
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
The E Street Shuffle
Working On The Highway
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands
Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Kitty's Back
Born to Run
American Land

Chris
Administrateur

Féminin Capricorne (22déc-19jan)

MessagePosté le: Ven 4 Mai - 17:20 (2018)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

Bruce Springsteen
19 min · 

This memorable homecoming stop on the Joad tour sees Springsteen return to Freehold and his parochial school, St. Rose of Lima. Joined by special guests Patti Scialfa and Soozie Tyrell, Bruce reminisces and tears up the set list for nine tour debuts, including “The River,” “Two Hearts” “Racing in the Street,” a rare “When You’re Alone” and the only tour performances of “Open All Night,” “Used Cars” and “My Hometown.” The show wraps with “Freehold,” an uproarious paean penned for the occasion. Download now: http://2nu.gs/Bruce-Freehold96

Visiter le site web du posteur
Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 1 Juin - 17:49 (2018)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

La nouveauté du mois:

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, November 9, 2009
By Erik Flannigan
Sometime in the early 2000s, playing full albums in sequence, in concert came in vogue. For the final leg of the 2009 Working On A Dream tour, Bruce Springsteen got in on the fun, announcing that for the band’s five-show stand at Giants Stadium, they would revisit a classic album each night, drawn from Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town and Born in the U.S.A., after test-driving the concept with BTR at a show in Chicago.
For fans, there’s a lot to like about a full-album performance. Hearing those songs in that order hearkens back to how many of us fell in love with the music in the first place, playing the albums over and over until we memorized every note and nuance. For Bruce and the band, it was something novel and different, too, shifting the approach to both the songs and sequencing within a concert dynamic. Case in point, “Badlands” and “Thunder Road” had evolved into key tracks used to wind down or close sets; in a full-album context they reverted to their roles as the starting point of the narrative.
In a run of a dozen or so shows starting at Giants Stadium, Springsteen rotated the three albums into his sets, one each night. In truth, many of the songs were in regular rotation anyway (acknowledging outliers like “Meeting Across the River” and “Streets of Fire”), so the new experience was hearing the songs in order, presented as a whole.
But when it was announced that Springsteen would return to Madison Square Garden and feature one-off, full-album performances of The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle and The River, stakes were raised. Considerably.
Both albums contain songs that were not part of the regular or even extended concert repertoire, plus a few that had barely made a set list in decades. The River is also a 20-song double album, so to perform it meant devoting nearly two hours of the show to that material alone. An ambitious prospect, and one that made this an unmissable night, because The River is just as much THE album that got many of us into Springsteen as Born to Run, Darkness and BIUSA are.
The River performance at MSG holds its own today as much as it did in 2009, even given the 2016 River tour first leg which saw the album essayed every night. When Bruce and the band hit the road in January 2016 to start the new River tour in Pittsburgh, they were rehearsed and ready. In November 2009, a better operative word might be game. Firing in peak tour form, they were game to perform their most ambitious studio work as a special, one-time event. “It’s too long to do it again,” Bruce quipped at the time.
For those lucky enough to be there (myself included), the result was a marvelous, in-the-moment experience for band and audience, as rarely played songs like “Crush On You,” “Stolen Car,” “Wreck On The Highway” “Fade Away,” “I Wanna Marry You” and “The Price You Pay” roared back to life, fulfilling long-held fan desires and restating the case for The River’s place in the core canon.
It seems contradictory to feel heightened anticipation for a set where you know what 20 songs are about to be played, but there was an undeniable air of expectancy in the building as Springsteen took the stage for the opener, “Wrecking Ball,” which served to remind us Bruce had history with the building. Indeed, MSG was the site of four epic performances on the original River tour in 1980.
“We’re gonna get right to work now,” Bruce then declared, explaining The River’s place as a transitional record, moving into adult themes later explored on Nebraska and Tunnel Of Love. He also said it was also a conscious attempt to balance the dark with the light, or what Springsteen called, “the music that made our live shows so much fun and enjoyable.”
From there we were off, galloping through both ends of the emotional spectrum with equal aplomb. Stalwarts like “The Ties That Bind” and “Out In the Street” felt freshened by renewed context, while Bruce made a delightful meal out of “Crush On You,” “a hidden masterpiece” only played once since 1980. The charm of mid-tempo romantic gems like “Fade Away” and “I Wanna Marry You” resonated and left one wondering why they lay dormant for so long.
Part of the answer is the absence of Stevie Van Zandt from the two major tours that followed the album. His imprint on The River cannot be understated. Heard in the robust, up-close mix by Jon Altschiller, Van Zandt’s guitar playing (which on this night included 12-string electric) and vocals (backing harmonies and shared leads) are essential to this body of work.
For many, “Stolen Car” was the moment they had been waiting for. With Max Weinberg, Garry Tallent, Charlie Giordano and Roy Bittan in particular providing a gorgeous accompaniment, Springsteen played one of his greatest and saddest songs with heart-wrenching austerity.
The River’s high contrast is truly brought to bear in the sequence of “Stolen Car” into the hydraulic pounding of “Ramrod” followed by the exhilarating declaration of “The Price You Pay,” the latter another high point in the show. For its final act, The River winds down through the slow rising crescendo of devotion pledged in “Drive All Night” and, lastly, the stark humanity of “Wreck on the Highway.” On the 2016 tour, “Wreck” was given a more lush and full-bodied arrangement, ending the album sequence on a different note. The 2009 edition retains more of the somber majesty of the original and serves as a plaintive coda to the overall River story.
When Bruce gathered “the guys that recorded the record” and shouted out their missing comrade, Danny Federici, everyone in the room, be it on stage or off, recognized that this reading of The River was a audacious achievement. Nine years on, it still is.
Setlist:
Wrecking Ball (with Curt Ramm)
The Ties That Bind
Sherry Darling
Jackson Cage
Two Hearts
Independence Day
Hungry Heart
Out in the Street
Crush on You
You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
I Wanna Marry You
The River
Point Blank
Cadillac Ranch
I'm a Rocker (with Curt Ramm)
Fade Away
Stolen Car
Ramrod
The Price You Pay
Drive All Night
Wreck on the Highway
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Atlantic City
Badlands
Born to Run
Seven Nights to Rock
Sweet Soul Music (with Curt Ramm)
No Surrender
American Land (with Curt Ramm)
Dancing in the Dark
Can't Help Falling in Love
Higher and Higher

A noter que ce show était déjà sorti en boot avec 1 son magnifique chez Crystal Cat(la chopette est plus réussie que l'officielle!)

Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 7 Juil - 09:42 (2018)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

1 des shows les plus célèbres en bootleg depuis des lustres, enregistré dans le fameux Roxy, club de LA. Pas moins de 8 titres(sur 26) sont apparus sur le coffret LIVE 75/85(Adam raised the cain, Spririt in the night, Paradise by the c,  Growin' up, It's hard to be a saint in the city, Backstreets, Rolalita(Come out tonight) et Raise your hands.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND: ROXY ‘78

It is known simply as Roxy ’78. One of Springsteen’s finest shows ever is now available complete and freshly mixed from multi-track master tapes. Playing a special club set broadcast live across L.A. Bruce pulls out all the stops, including the debut performances of “Point Blank,” “Independence Day” (solo piano), “Rave On” and “Heartbreak Hotel,” plus the first tour versions of “Raise Your Hand” and “Twist and Shout” to wrap this jaw-dropping stop on the Darkness tour.

The Roxy, West Hollywood, CA, July 7, 1978
By Erik Flannigan
Imagine yourself at the Fabulous Forum in Los Angeles on Wednesday, July 5, 1978. Bruce Springsteen is playing his first headlining arena show in the area, a culmination of his growing popularity. During the intermission between sets, a rumor swirls that a special show is happening on Friday night at the Roxy in West Hollywood and tickets are going on sale tomorrow morning. With a capacity under 500, seeing Bruce and the E Street Band at the tiny club will be the toughest ticket in town. What do you do? Leaving early means missing the rest of the Forum show when the rumor may not be true. But if you stay, do you miss the chance to see a once-in-a-lifetime intimate performance? A true Sophie’s Choice.
Perhaps a few did leave before the encores; others rushed straight from the Forum to the Roxy to join the growing queue because the rumor turned out to be true. A small item in Thursday’s LA Times confirmed tickets were going on sale for Bruce’s “first club appearance in nearly three years.” The faith of those who braved the overnight line was likely rewarded as eyewitness reports suggest as many as 1,000 people were waiting when the Roxy box office opened at noon.
“It was like the Beatles when we announced the Roxy,” says Paul Rappaport, Columbia’s west coast promo guy at the time and organizer of the show on behalf of the label. After it quickly sold out, “hundreds of kids showed up in the KMET lobby and at the CBS Records lobby in Century City looking for tickets,” he adds.

Why KMET? Because the silver lining in the Roxy announcement for those who couldn’t attend was that it would be broadcast live on the radio, the first of five such transmissions on the Darkness tour that helped cement Springsteen’s peerless reputation as a live performer.
Each one --The Roxy, The Agora, Passaic, Atlanta and Winterland -- has its merit. They are compelling shows one and all. But the circumstances surrounding the event and the remarkable, risk-taking performance make the Roxy stand apart.
Rappaport recalls a phone conversation with Jon Landau where they discussed how difficult it was to create breakthrough buzz in LA even given a sold-out Forum show. “It is such a big town and there’s a lot going on, so it is hard to get attention,” he told Landau. The manager in turn suggested the idea of a live broadcast on KMET.
The FM rock radio powerhouse had grown more popular than the biggest Top 40 station in the city. “It’s like that scene in Back to the Future where the guy takes two electrical cords, shoves them together and sparks fly,” Rappaport says. “That’s what happens when you marry the greatest thing in rock ‘n’ roll to the greatest amplifier in Los Angeles…. I told Landau it would be amazing.”
The catch was there were only a few of days to pull it off, including buying out the band already booked to play the Roxy that night, getting Ma Bell to lay special high-fidelity phone lines at the venue to send audio to the radio station, as well as procuring a remote-recording truck to handle the mix and--as we’re fortunate enough to hear today--preserve the concert on multi-track tapes.
Springsteen starts the set by acknowledging the ticket challenges, which he owns with humility, a tenor that then gives away to something akin to a coiled snake. “We’re gonna do some rock ‘n’ roll for ya. A WELL, A WELL, A WELL THE LITTLE THINGS THAT YOU SAY AND DO, MAKE ME ALWAYS WANT TO BE WITH YOU HOO HOO.” Inspired by the recently released biopic, Springsteen opens the set with a thrilling surprise, the band’s stupefyingly tight take of Buddy Holly’s “Rave On.” With it, the breakneck pace for the Roxy is established, never to be vanquished.
How fast? If your digital playback device had a pitch control, you’d probably check the setting during “Candy’s Room,” jet-fueled by Max Weinberg. Every song in the first set teems with confidence and conviction, none more so than the sequence of “Candy’s Room” into a flawless “For You,” followed by the next of the night’s shockers, “Point Blank.” It’s a bold debut for the future River track, stunningly performed with early lyric and arrangement variants.
The caliber of performances in the first set carries on in the second, which opens in high spirits with more unreleased tunes, the instrumental band spotlight “Paradise By The ‘C’” and “Fire.” While the setlist serves as a showcase for Darkness tracks and the Roxy versions are uniformly brilliant, when people suggest the ‘78 radio broadcasts drove thousands of new converts, it is because they captured both the music and the magic.
As the set moves to “Growin’ Up” and its delightful “goddamn guitar” story, enchantment turns irresistible. “Growin’ Up” flows into a scintillating “Saint In The City” and the E Street Band crushes it. The new mix by Jon Altschiller makes Springsteen and Van Zandt’s guitars sabre sharp.
If somehow that weren’t enough to convince, we get “Backstreets,” in a version many cite as one of the very best. The mid-song “Sad Eyes” passage (edited on Live 1975-85) is intact here, restoring this masterpiece to its full grandeur. From the charm of “Growin’ Up” through the emotional catharsis of “Backstreets,” religious conversion is complete.
“In the middle of the show, I stepped out because I needed fresh air,” Rappaport recalls. “It was one of the greatest scenes I have ever witnessed in rock: A couple hundred kids with their ears pressed to the wall outside the Roxy; all of the Sunset Strip listening to this broadcast, car after car, windows down, people singing along. It blew my mind.”
There would be more mind blowing to come. Bruce opens the encore with yet another new song, premiering “Independence Day” on solo piano, a monumental moment. Neither “Point Blank” nor “Independence Day” would be played again until September, which makes it all the more astounding that Springsteen chose to debut them in the broadcast. In fact, over the course of the night he performs five unreleased originals, two of them for the very first time, plus another four unreleased cover songs, two them also live premieres.
All this knowing full well--as he proclaims at the top of the second set--that bootleggers and thousands of fans listening at home would indeed be rolling their tapes. When the stakes couldn’t be higher, Springsteen went all in.
“One of the things I had to do,” Rappaport explains, “was tell the sales branch that I guarantee there will be a bootleg. But we had to do it….It’s one of the greatest live recordings of all time.”
When asked about the audacity of debuting brand-new songs, Rappaport replies, “Bruce understood the platform he had. I think he wanted to play those songs because he was always trying to do something different. He didn’t want to repeat himself. I have never seen a guy work harder than him, ever. ”
Rappaport then recounts a tale told to him by Columbia’s then head of sales, who had seen Springsteen backstage at a big show debating doing another encore when it seemed like he had already given the people all they could want and then some. When asked why we was even considering one more song, Springsteen replied, “I’m in the business of the unexpected.”
With the Roxy, the unexpected was broadcast all over town, and via tapes and bootlegs, ultimately to fans the world over.
The encore rolls on after the sublime “Independence Day” and Bruce and the band push the show as hard as she will go. “Born to Run,” “Because the Night” (which was already a hit for Patti Smith), Eddie Floyd’s “Raise Your Hand” and finally, after 12 minutes of cheering, “Twist and Shout.”
From the band to the audience in the club, from the kids outside the venue to the listeners all over Southern California listening on KMET, anyone who experienced the Roxy performance would concur with Rappaport’s final assessment: “I witnessed rock ‘n’ roll history.”

Perso, j'ai cette version là:

Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 4 Aoû - 08:40 (2018)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND: LONDON '81
The first official live recording from Europe ’81 is a revelatory chapter in Springsteen’s touring history. London provides a window into this extraordinary stretch of the River tour that saw Bruce exploring new musical directions through songs like “Follow That Dream” and “Johnny Bye Bye.” On a crusade to convert first-time audiences across the continent, Springsteen and the E Street Band never played better, pouring out potent versions of River material and sublime covers including “Jolé Blon," CCR’s “Who’ll Stop The Rain” and Elvis’ “ Can’t Help Falling In Love.

Born to Run
Prove It All Night
Out in the Street
Follow That Dream
Independence Day
Johnny Bye-Bye
Two Hearts
Who'll Stop The Rain?
The Promised Land
This Land is Your Land
The River
I Fought The Law
Badlands
Thunder Road
Hungry Heart
You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
Cadillac Ranch
Sherry Darling
Jole Blon
Fire
Because the Night
I Wanna Marry You
Point Blank
Candy's Room
Ramrod
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
I'm a Rocker
Jungleland
Can't Help Falling In Love
Detroit Medley
Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 8 Sep - 08:40 (2018)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

Cette fois ci, c'est le Réunion-Tour qui est mis à l’honneur avec le dernier soir de Chicago 1999.

United Center
Chicago, IL

• Bruce Springsteen - Lead vocals, guitar, harmonica; Roy Bittan - Piano, keyboards; Clarence Clemons - Tenor and baritone saxophones, percussion, backing vocal; Danny Federici - Organ, keyboards; Nils Lofgren – Electric and acoustic guitar, pedal steel, backing vocal; Patti Scialfa - Guitar, percussion, backing vocal; Garry Tallent - Bass; Stevie Van Zandt - Electric and acoustic guitars, mandolin, backing vocal; Max Weinberg - Drums
  • Recorded by Toby Scott and Ross Petersen
  • Mixed by Jon Altschiller from multi-track digital master tapes; Additional engineering: Danielle Warman
  • Mastered to DSD and PCM by Adam Ayan at Gateway Mastering, Portland, ME
  • Post Production by Brad Serling and Micah Gordon
  • Art Design by Michelle Holme; Cover Photo by Danny Clinch
  • Tour Director: George Travis
  • Jon Landau Management: Jon Landau, Barbara Carr, Jan Stabile, Alison Oscar, Laura Kraus
  • HD Files are 24 bit / 44.1 kHz ; DSD files are DSD64
  • Read essay by Erik Flannigan
  • Performed:September 30, 1999

It is hard to believe we are fast approaching 20 years since the Reunion tour commenced and the recommitment of Bruce Springsteen, the E Street Band and their many fans was validated night after night across the stages of Europe and the United States.
The archival download series has already given us perhaps the most famous show of the tour, closing night at Madison Square Garden in July 2000, a masterful performance that was appropriately conscious of its place as the culmination of the 132 concerts that came before it. Now, we get a markedly different slice of the Reunion tour and how sweet it is.
Taking nothing away from great shows in E. Rutherford, Philly, Boston and other cities which preceded it or memorable stands in Los Angeles and Oakland to follow, Chicago ‘99 is a barn burner. It actually gains potency from our collective and relative unfamiliarity with the performance and as a result feels deliciously fresh.
It was the last night of three in Chicago as well as the final show of the first U.S. leg of the tour. On the cusp of a two-week break, the mood is buoyant and at times downright joyous. You can hear how excited these musicians are to be playing together again and the confidence they are feeling at this point of the tour is reflected in an adventurous setlist.
To start (and apologies in advance for the language, but it feels wholly appropriate to convey the sentiment), Bruce Springsteen sings the shit out of this show. There are vocal highlights in both expected and unexpected places, many the kind of heightened, upper-range reaches that signal when Bruce is in the zone.
During the last minute of “The Promised Land,” it comes in the form of a sweet, unexpected, soaring “Weeeee-oooo.” At the end of a hard-hitting “Adam Raised a Cain,” it’s a shrieking stretch of vocal improvisation loaded with emotion. In “Thunder Road,” “your graduation gown lies in rags at their feet” rises to a gorgeous high register. And the coup de grace is “Youngstown,” when Springsteen holds the final note of “the fiery furnaces of hellllllllll” a full ten seconds. Time it yourself!
Chicago also presents the opportunity to reassess the altered arrangements Bruce and the band explored in ‘99. At the time, subtle changes to familiar songs may have thrown a few people off a bit, as they were coming in with expectations of how things “used to sound.” Listening now, the explorations prove fascinating.
Played but 15 times on the Reunion tour, “Independence Day” has a distinctly different feel and begins with a lovely guitar and pedal steel intro. Similarly, Bruce bends the first verse and chorus of “She’s The One” (performed only 16 times circa 1999-2000) in unexpected directions before the band arrives with stirring force.
Jon Altschiller’s vivid mix captures band interplay and subtle work from every E Streeter, much of which you may have never noticed before, with the apex coming in the form of “New York City Serenade.” This piano-driven epic had gone unplayed since 1975 before making its momentous return during the Continental Airlines Arena run a month earlier, its first of five appearances on the tour.
“New York City Serenade” is arguably the most challenging piece of music in the Springsteen canon, full of twists, turns and musical nuance. Chicago offers a bravura performance, enriched by the contributions of the band (extra nod to Roy Bittan) and Bruce’s fearless lead vocal. It is by turns majestic, enthralling, even astonishing for 1999, with no strings attached as in more recent performances.
“Serenade” is joined by two other special rarities. The show opens with a fierce “Take ‘Em As They Come,” one of Springsteen’s underappreciated rockers. Mercifully liberated from the vault in 1998 on Tracks (the song is also included on 2015’s The Ties That Bind box set), The River outtake gets a rare outing (it has only been performed ten times) with the band fully locked and loaded. To be fair, they are a bit less so on the likable Born in the U.S.A. era b-side “Janey, Don’t You Lose Heart,” which ends with Bruce chuckling “we gotta practice that one,” though it is still wonderful to hear.
Noteworthy as those rare tracks are, Chicago ‘99 pays dividends song after song, be it common or uncommon to a setlist. It is one of those nights where the versions run long (even “Ramrod” goes seven minutes), the crowd response is huge and the band plays hot. Case in point: Danny’s organ and Clarence’s solo in “She’s the One,” plus the Big Man nailing the final note of “Bobby Jean”; a mini cover “Boom Boom” worked seamlessly into “Light of Day”; Nils and Stevie shining on all types of stringed instruments; Garry and Max electrifying “Atlantic City” and pushing the pace all night; Patti taking her solo turns with aplomb during “Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out” and “If I Should Fall Behind.” As it did every night on Reunion, the latter song brings the spirit of the band’s rebirth to life in poignant fashion.
As for Springsteen himself, he sounds like he is enjoying every single minute.
More than 20,000 people saw this show in person and have known ever since what a great performance they witnessed. As for the rest of us: Chicago ‘99, we didn’t know what we were missing.
By Erik Flannigan
Phil
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 5 Oct - 17:46 (2018)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net Répondre en citant

COME ON UP FOR THE RISING TOUR
Europe 2003 rises from the vault, with the first night in Helsinki
The Rising is arguably Bruce Springsteen's most culturally important album of the past two decades. At home, it re-established him as a mainstream commercial force and a voice of national significance in the 21st century. Overseas, the LP reinforced his status as an American cultural ambassador. Yet the 2002-'03 tour that followed has been increasingly conspicuous by its absence from the Nugs retrospective series.
That absence came down to a technical snag. Rather than analog or digital tape, the tour relied on an early-generation version of Direct Stream Digital (DSD) to make multi-track recordings. But years after the fact, outdated and outmoded software and hardware made recovery of the recordings a challenge. Today's arrival of Helsinki, June 16, 2003 suggests those issues are finally being overcome, bringing a Rising-era performance to the archive series for the first time.
Springsteen first visited the Nordic region in 1975, with shows in Sweden; Norway and Denmark got their live baptisms on the River Tour in 1981. But he didn't play in Finland until this night in 2003. Back-to-back Rising shows at Helsinki's Olympiastadion sold out in a record-breaking two hours, and the Finnish fans evidently made enough of an impression to earn several subsequent E Street visits.
And while the Finns may have been somewhat late to the house party, they would go on to leave their mark in the history books: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band would play their longest concert to date, in 2012, right here at the same Olympiastadion, a genuine four-hour-plus show that has already earned a spot in the official archive series.

Few fans who have clamored for a Rising Tour release had June 16 in mind, a show never widely considered remarkable. But it's a solid one. The show's "Model A" setlist features nine tracks from The Rising, including ones rarely revisited after 2003, like "Empty Sky," "You're Missing," and "Worlds Apart."

In contrast, rather than the tours they represent, "fan favorite" releases (such as Nassau '80 or Brendan Byrne Arena '93) emphasized the uniqueness of individual performances. Starting with a less famed Rising show at the outset is not unlike the choice of August 5, 1984 as the first selection from the Born in the U.S.A. period, or Belfast (1996) for the Tom Joad tour.
The Rising Tour started in the summer of 2002. Its "barnstorming" strategy hit many locations for one night only, including seven performances across Europe. The Live in Barcelona video showcases this early stretch at its best: a compact, high-energy arena performance. When the E Street Band returned to Europe for a more extensive 24-show leg in the spring and early summer that followed, the concerts took place in much larger outdoor venues. The sold-out Olympiastadion held close to 45,000.
As far as rock shows go, a concert on the Rising Tour was a serious affair. If the Ministry of Rock 'n' Roll was back in church on the Reunion Tour, the post-9/11 mood on the Rising Tour felt at times like a wake. The Finnish are regarded as among the more stoic Europeans; moreover, Springsteen was meeting this audience for the first time, outdoors and in somewhat cool weather.
 Audiences here are largely fluent in English and will listen attentively to new material, slow songs, and spoken interludes. Springsteen opened with the solo-acoustic "Born in the U.S.A." In 2002, he'd introduced the familiar full-band version as "a prayer for peace." By the summer of 2003, with the Iraq war under way, the acoustic version needed no introduction to be well understood by a crowd sympathetic to his opposition to it.
The great challenge of performing to a large audience of reserved northern Europeans is to get the crowd to loosen up, move, and sing along. Maybe it is easier to let loose in the dark, but if it gets dark at an early summer outdoor show like this, it won't be until the encores. Even an entertainer on Springsteen's level cannot take the cooperation of these crowds for granted.
Of course, pumping up tens of thousands of grown adults is all in a night's work for the mighty E Street Band. But there is a difference between a jaded, tailgate-tired East Coast crowd that may have seen it all before but is ultimately there for a good time, and an audience that is culturally less expressive and needs to be convinced to lose its inhibitions.
That brings us to "Mary's Place" — the beating heart at the center of any Rising Tour show, extended with band introductions and parts of "Baby, I've Been Missing You" and Major Lance's "Monkey Time." Listen for Bruce's exhortation to the Finns as he works to get them in concert with him. "Mary's Place" was a lengthy performance that repeat attendees may have tired of. And without the visual benefit of the onstage spectacle, the song may be diminished in its translation to the audio format. But on a night like this, before a new and unfamiliar audience, it is this brand-new track that does the job of bringing the crowd up a level or two, making sure a three-hour concert doesn't feel too long.

By the time the encores roll around, the audience should be won over, and all that is left is hard-rocking communal celebration. "Ramrod," extended by a playful instrumental boogie, joins radio favorites "Dancing in the Dark" and "Glory Days," which were back with a vengeance after being out of rotation on the Reunion Tour. And Moon Mullican's "Seven Nights to Rock," still a hot new showpiece after its Paris debut less than a month earlier, hit the ground running. It quickly became an encore staple.
ntil now, this show is unlikely to have made many Top Ten Rising Tour show lists. But the setlist here is a first-rate representation of the 2003 European shows — exactly what you'd expect from the first night of two in a new market — and it is exciting that Nugs has finally broken the seal on such an important era for Springsteen and his fans. It isn't unreasonable to expect that we will see more concerts from this tour in the future.

Now, put on headphones to hear what the hardworking sound wizards have managed to do with that tricky DSD multi-track recording.

Selist:
BORN IN THE U.S.A. / THE RISING / LONESOME DAY / NO SURRENDER / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / DARLINGTON COUNTY / EMPTY SKY / YOU'RE MISSING / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE PROMISED LAND / WORLDS APART / BADLANDS / OUT IN THE STREET / MARY'S PLACE / MY HOMETOWN / INTO THE FIRE / THUNDER ROAD / BOBBY JEAN / RAMROD / BORN TO RUN / SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK / MY CITY OF RUINS / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS - PEOPLE GET READY / DANCING IN THE DARK / GLORY DAYS
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 22:28 (2018)    Sujet du message: Les archives du Boss en CD's, brucespringsteen.net

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Open All Night Index du Forum -> THE PROMISED LAND -> BOSS TIME Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >
Page 6 sur 7

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation